(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Sunday, December 23, 2007

mp3: Aloha - Light Works

I am synched up to my friend on the other coast as we coast through this paper and I just finished The Square and I just read the first of John Berryman's Dream Songs cycle and here right now I want to kill pitchfork for not covering Aloha's new EP "Light Works". Aloha destroyed me in June with Brace Your Face, it was brutal on the mad-crazy alternating your life away to a free-deathbound-way. Things changed. But here they are trying to sell themselves out straight on the indie rockdom with very acoustic, very jammy ta-da ta-da ta-da overload. But it's good because it's bracing me away from the face that had the empty box of wine on it turned upside down. I love the earnestness in their sound.

Aloha -

No comments:

Labels