(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Monday, August 6, 2007

Train

"I thought we were both below average... together, no, no,... above average when we were together I mean", the flickering flame tried desperately to hold on to the wick. Then the next second, the train pulled over at the station. It got darker. People were sitting like robots inside looking out. There was so much space and the seats were bigger. I didn't get inside but I think I did. I looked around. There were people staring at me, looking sideways studiously ignoring me. I took a seat right at the edge of the door. But then I stood up and got out. The station seemed empty now. There was no one waiting anymore. Perhaps, the train I didn't take was the last one running on the lines tonight. Grainy white tiles on the sidewall had a black slat of burnt wax. It must have been cold to go up and into the city but I did anyway and forgot about the burnt thing on the wall, I saw, the next second.

No comments:

Labels