(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Monday, October 22, 2007

Eva The Fugitive - pg. 94

But is this love? I believe firmly that my hand was guided by the presentiment that I had to lose her. What more could have happened after all that? I have seen her come from the netherlands or from the penumbra in which float things and beings of invisible or subterranean life. have seen her approach my lamp without the mediation of any sentiment other than the search for firm ground, disputable and uncertain though it might be. On the other hand I felt that Eva was in me all that mattered, and I discounted any necessity to see her as anything else, that is to say, to see her as a woman, for example, as a person of mere flesh and blood. It is in this way that her shadow holds in these pages a strict similarity to the Eva that appeared suddenly in my life and the Eva who seemed on the verge of entering a space that, in spite of everything, I must not, nor do I wish to, determine.

No comments:

Labels