(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Monday, November 26, 2007

Blasted - Scene Four

Cate It's wrong to kill yourself.

Ian No. It's not.

Cate God wouldn't like it.

Ian There isn't one.

Cate
How do you know?

Ian
No God. No Father Christmas. No fairies. No Narnia. No fucking nothing.

Cate Got to be something.

Ian Why?

Cate Doesn't make sense otherwise.

Ian Don't be fucking stupid, doesn't make sense anyway. No reason for there to be a God just because it would be better if there was.

Cate Thought you didn't want to die.

Ian I can't see.

Cate My brother's got blind friends. You can't give up.

Ian Why not?

Cate It's weak.

Ian I know you want to punish me, trying to make me live.

Cate
I don't

Ian Course you fucking do, I would. There's people I'd love to suffer but they don't, they die and that's it.

No comments:

Labels