(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Friday, June 29, 2007

"I like to read a good book..."

So, last night I was sitting at the bar having the taste of my second Guinness in a month and then Ed bought me a shot of Jameson, so yea the second-first taste of that too; and this girl was closing her tab and asked me about a good book to read. Jeremy and I were having our usual comparing-the-book-notes moment across the bar, he wanted to bring The Road's copy that he had been meaning to and I was gonna exchange it with The Blood Meridien. Then, came the comment nudging the conversation, about a 90 degree off-kilter to the side-rails, on "reading a good book": What good book? How would one get one? and more importantly, What good a good book would do to anyone? - I didn't know about any of that. It just threw me off.

No comments:

Labels