(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Light Years - pg. 225

"I don't think you can pick one. It's really more a question of which of them is nearest at hand. I mean, there's an hour in the day when one's tongue begins to depend, when nothing will avail except to have a drink, and to be close to one of these establishments at that time is like Mahomet's paradise."
"I don't believe you'd find any liquor there," Candis said, "not in a Moslem paradise."
"Right," Peter said. "Which would rule it out for me."
"But women in abundance," the husband said.
"I think," Peter began, "that by the time I am being conducted into paradise..." He had risen to go into the kitchen, it was he who cooked the dinners "... my connection with women will be entirely historical."

No comments:

Labels