(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Confessions - pg. 145

I the, O my Praise and my Life, Thou God of my heart, putting aside for a little her good deeds, for which I joyfully give thanks to Thee, do now beseech Thee for the sins of my mother. Hearken unto me, through that Medicine of our wounds who hung upon the tree, and who, sitting at Thy right hand, maketh intercession for us. I know that she acted mercifully, and from the heart forgave her debtors their debts; do Thou also forgive her debts, whatever she contracted during so many years since the water of salvation. Forgive her, O Lord, forgive her, I beseech Thee; enter not into judgment with her. Let Thy mercy be exalted above Thy justice, because Thy words are true, and Thou hast promised mercy unto the merciful; which thou gavest them to be who wilt have mercy on whom Thou wilt have mercy, and wilt have compassion on whom Thou hast had compassion.

No comments:

Labels