(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Confessions - pg. 65

But all my endeavors by which I had concluded to improve in that sect, by acquaintance with that man, came completely to an end; not that I separated myself altogether from them, but, as one who could find nothing better, I determined in the meantime upon contenting myself with what I had in any way lighted upon, unless, by chance, something more desirable should present itself. Thus that Faustus, who had entrapped so many to their death -- neither willing nor writing it -- now began to loosen the snare in which I had been taken. For Thy hands, O my God, in the hidden design of Thy Providence, did not desert my soul.; and out of the blood of my mother's heart, through the tears that she poured out by day and by night, was a sacrifice offered unto Thee for me; and by marvelous ways didst Thou deal with me. It was Thou, O my God, who dist it, for the steps of a man are ordered by the Lord, and He shall dispose his way. Or how can we produce salvation but from Thy hand, remaking what it hath made?

No comments:

Labels