(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Saturday, April 10, 2010

An Autobiography: The Story Of My Experiments With Truth - Opening

INTRODUCTION

Four or five years ago, at the instance of some of my nearest co-workers, I agreed to write my autobiography. I made the start, but scarcely had I turned over the first sheet when riots broke out in Bombay and the work which culminated in my imprisonment at Yeravda.


Beacon Press Books
are published under the auspices of
the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations.

First Beacon paperback edition published in 1957
Foreword 1993 by Beacon Press
All rights reserved
Printed in the United States of America


This edition of Gandhi's autobiography is published by arrangement with the Navajivan Trust and is the only authorized American edition. The Navajivan Trust was founded by Gandhi, and all the royalties earned on this book are paid to it by the publisher for use in carrying on Gandhi's work.

No comments:

Labels