(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Tragedy Of King Lear - Opening

I.I Enter KENT, GLOUCESTER, and EDMOND

KENT I thought the king had more affected the Duke of Albany than Cornwall

GLOUCESTER It did always seem so to us: but now in the division of the kingdom, it appears not which of the dukes he values most, for qualities are so weighed that curiosity in neither can make choice of either's moiety

KENT Is not this your son, my lord?

GLOUCESTER His breeding, sir, hath been at my charge. I have so often blushed to acknowledge him, that now I am brazed to't.

KENT I cannot conceive you.

IN MEMORIAM

PHILIP BROCKBANK, 1922--1989


CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS

The Edinburgh Building, Cambridge


Published in the United States of America by Cambridge University Press, New York



Printed in the United Kingdom at the University Press, Cambridge


A catalogue record for this book is available from the British Library

No comments:

Labels