(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Frost - pg. 303

Once changed, he hunkered in the hallway and read to me from his Pascal. It was always "about the whole tragedy," he said, I didn't understand what he meant by that. Always about "a single coarse act." He said: "Factor in lethality." And: "Death renders everything infamous." He was continually leaving, only to get out at some city of thought, interrupting his journey he had a destination "that would permit of no arrival, that discourages any arrival." I went up to my room and said to myself, but aloud, so that it bounced off the walls and its echo struck me: "I can't stand any more of this!" I lay down. I leafed through my Henry James, without giving the writer a thought. Walked to and fro. Lay down again.

No comments:

Labels