(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Your Face Tomorrow: Poison, Shadow and Farewell - pg. 531

And I thought and continued to think on the train back to Paddington: 'He's chosen me to be his rim, the part that resists being removed and erased, that resists disappearing, the part that clings to the porcelain or the floor and is the hardest bit to get rid of. He doesn't even know if he wants me to take charge of cleaning it up -- "the constitution of silence" -- or would rather I didn't rub too hard, but left a shadow of a trace, an echo of an echo, a fragment of a circumference, a tiny curve, a vestige, an ash remnant that can say: "I was here", or "I'm still here, therefor I mist have been here before: you saw me then and you can see me now," and that will prevent others from saying: "No, that never occurred, never happened, it neither strode the world not trod the earth, it never existed, never was."

No comments:

Labels