(It's better to create than destroy what's unnecessary)

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Frost - pg. 43

So think: I have the strength of ten highly trained athletes, which enable me to raise my head from time to time. Imagine if I'd been able to develop such strength for myself! You see the way I fritter my strength on such a meaningless activity: because it's meaningless raising a head like mine. Or if I'd been able to invest one-hundredth of this strength in myself, somewhere where it might have been of significance ... I could have overthrown every scientific idea and theorem. Reaped all the celebrity the intellectual world has to bestow. A hundredth of that strength, and I could have become something like a second Creator! Mankind would have been unable to oppose me. In the blink of an eye, I could have gone back thousands of years, and reset our development in another, healthier direction. But as things are, my strength has had to be concentrated on my head, on my headaches, and it has gone to waste. This head, you see, is useless. At the center of it there is a crude glowing planet, and everything else if full of fractured harmonies!"

No comments:

Labels